Recently I asked my client an important question; “what do you want in a final expense product?” My client thought for a minute and while she was thinking she appeared to be a little baffled. I didn’t inject or say anything, I waited for her response.
After a few minutes, my client indicated no one has ever asked her that question before. She also indicated normally the agent over the phone or in-person usually provide her with choices for which she is to choose from.
I then found out she never purchased any of the final expense plans they have showed her. I asked her why? Again, she looked uncertain about the question and I waited for her to answer. My client said I know I need to have something in place but trusting what she was being told or presented with was her biggest challenge.
I assured my client I wouldn’t want her to agree to something she is not one-hundred percent certain and having a peace of mind was my ultimate goal for her. I then asked the question again; “what does she want in her final expense program?”
The Main Take-Aways
My client indicated the following;
- She wanted to talk to an agent she can trust had her concerns above profit.
- My client wanted someone who can explained the program in simple terms nice and slow.
- My client wanted to have a product where the premiums would remain the same for the duration of her policy as long as all payments were up to date.
- She wanted a product that would leave her with peace of mind for not only her self but beneficiaries as well.
- She wanted a policy with a company that has stood the test of time.
- My client also wanted to know what happens if she became gravely ill. I assured her there is a rider that comes with her policy that allows her to access a portion of the benefits at no additonal charge.
I am sure the companies the other insurance agents presented are great companies. I believed it all boiled down to the connection we had. I was able to identify with her needs and addressed all of her concerns and in the end she finally have something in place.
She and her daughter were very happy they have something in place for when the inevitable happens many years down the road. Not to mention I was able to help the daughter put something in place for her family as well.
It is truly great to help out families with a gift of peace of mind. I truly enjoy what I do.